Monday, November 10, 2014

What is wrong with Brazil?

Ok that's a little bit different and way more serious than what I usually write.





But recently I've been talking with a lot of people from around the world and they don't seem to understand "Brazilians problem". Most of them live in better countries than Brazil so that makes sense since they don't have any problems how could they understand them?
BUT I've been talking a lot and people who are from very poor countries think Brazil is GREAT. And that's something to discuss.

People from very rich countries are scared to come to Brazil when they hear about it's violence and poverty. But they just as the people from very poor countries don't understand how can it happens since Brazil it's the 7th largest economy of the world. YEAH THE 7TH!!!

I always thought Brazil was a poor country. I knew Brazil have a lot to offer, I knew Brazil was richer than some countries, but everywhere I look there's me and billions of other Brazilians scared of going outside alone or without a pepper spray, I've met people who would carry guns in their bags scared of being assaulted! I go outside I walk around the streets, I see at least one HOMELESS PERSON IN EVERY CORNER .

I studied in my first year of primary school in a private school.I had a scholarship because I was very smart but had to stop going to the same school because I was getting depressed. Why I was depressed? Because I was bullied for being poor(not going to start a talk about prejudice in Brazil or I would go off topic). Than I started in the next years and until today studying in a public school. And as someone who had experienced private school I have to say. Brazilian public schools SUCK and I'm sincerely envy of you if you have a good quality public education.
I learnt English language by myself, my grandfather payed a math teacher for me because I never learnt math in my public school, and I know people who have to work to pay for an entrance exam course. An entrance exam only asks for what you're supposed to learn in high school sometimes middle school. So why are people paying what they were supposed to know for free, in a public school?

Another bad thing about public schools? You have NO say in your self when you're a public school student. You have to listen, nod and agree. I had teachers who tied my hair and told me to wear a hat because they said my hair was ugly. And unless I wanted to catch cooties it was better if I kept my hair tied down and BROWN. I had my hair cut and couldn't die it all the lovely color I wanted to as I do today. They said I was trying to attention calling. And maybe I was, I was just a kid, that's what kids do they call the attention f adults because they can't do anything by themselves yet.  But cutting the strings of a child's creativity just because she's different is wrong and I would never allow that happens to any kid if I could.But depriving a kid of who they are happens all the time everywhere.

 And I still was bullied, because guess what? I WAS WHITE Weird right? It seems in Brazil that being white means you're rich and if you're not, that actually means you're racist.
Well I don't understand it. Brazil has a very racist ground, EVERYONE IN BRAZIL IS RACIST, but NO ONE IS WHITE. Wait what? Well I look white but... My grandfather is black(his mother was Portuguese and his father was black too), my grandmother is Arabian(and ginger!); my mother(their daughter) have very curly hair, and light skin. My father is Brazilian, his parents were Italians and that's why I look white.
But I'm not! Just like all the rest of Brazilian people, I'm a mixture of skin colors and different ethnic backgrounds.But Brazilians hate black people,hate white people, hate Indians*, what changes is where you are, if you're at a street you'll see homeless black people and white people saying how they're useless.Of course there's also white homeless people, and sure they're treated the same way. There are maids and baby sitters all black and dark skinned with white babies(maybe Asians babies), and the white moms think themselves too important to look out for their own kids. There are black people doing the "hard work", calling white people lazy and weak.
And there's me someone who never suffered a very strong racism against myself, trying to understand why people were looking weirdly at me when I was a kid. Just because I was holding hands with my black grandfather. How can a country so diversified be so racist?

I'm not going to say these are problems only third world countries have, but I dare to say these are the reasons Brazil is a still emerging country.

So what is wrong with Brazil?

 I noticed that Brazilians like to feel they're better than the rest. We pay for everything, we don't wanna do ourselves; so we can make this image that the other person job is worse and less valuable than ours We love it when people say Brazil is a rich and beautiful country when sometimes we barely have enough money to sustain ourselves and always complain to other Brazilians how living here sucks.
We like to pretend and act like we're better. I'm not going to say that's bad, that's actually a normal and of human nature to like ourselves more than the other. But instead of making and trying to get better, Brazilians hide themselves with prejudice, hate and ignorance instead of making something better of ourselves and our country.

I'm sincerely upset with how immature and selfish Brazilians treat each other and our country.


Angry & Sad,
Anachron

No comments:

Post a Comment